Travel the World and train to be a Fine Art Auctioneer with Park West.
For over 47 years Park West Gallery has been an international leader in the Art Industry. We are one of the largest privately-owned art galleries in the world, currently operating 100+ Art Galleries onboard Luxury Cruise Ships around the world, with 6 leading cruise lines including Carnival, Celebrity, Holland America, Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess, and Royal Caribbean. Park West represents internationally renowned artists who have been exhibited in and collected by world-class museums and galleries and featured as official artists countless for events such as the Grammys, the Olympics, the Super Bowl, and the World Cup.
Park West is seeking an Art Gallery Associate to work and train to become an Art Auctioneer onboard Luxury Cruise Ships sailing to exciting international ports in Australia, the Mediterranean, Asia, and the Caribbean, amongst many other exotic locations. This opportunity offers the chance to travel the world while establishing oneself as a professional in the art industry. While candidates with diverse work experiences will be seriously considered, the ideal candidate would have previous experience working with art, sales and/or public speaking. Extensive training is provided for all qualified applicants.
The primary responsibility of an Art Gallery Associate is to engage clients cruising onboard Luxury Cruise ships and instill a strong passion for fine art and collecting while on vacation. Working as a part of a shipboard team the Art Gallery Associate will contribute to developing and maintaining an art program that consistently achieves sales targets.
Unlike many corporate jobs, the Art Gallery Associate has the opportunity to develop a myriad of different skills sets while training to become an Art Auctioneer.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Event planning
- Arranging cohesive and professional art displays
- Organizing and executing marketing strategies
- Developing and maintaining a promotional mindset
- Engaging in consultative conversations with collectors and generating interest
- Educating clients about artwork, determining level of interest, and developing leads
- Making payment and shipping arrangements
- Maintaining professional demeanor and appearance at all time
As an Art Gallery Associate, you must be highly motivated, personable, and eager to learn and grow professionally. Qualified candidates enjoy traveling, experiencing other cultures, and taking on increased levels of responsibility. You must be able to interact effectively and develop rapport with a diverse variety of people.
Other requirements of the role include:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to work six months consecutively on a luxury cruise ship
- Adaptability in a constantly changing work environment
- Ability to establish trust and credibility with guests
- Capacity to work effectively in a fast-paced and exciting environment
- Marketing, sales, public relations, or related experience, a plus
- Art history background, a plus
- Strong public speaking skills, a plus